Monday, November 26, 2007

Photoshop 2

Part 2 of the Photoshop task . This task is to find photos representing Friends, High-Tech, News, Summer, Games, Successful, and to modify them using Photoshop or GIMP, or any other modifying program.



This photo is like the last photo that I think represents friends, is shows a group of people all with similar interests and having a good time. This photo was taken with a digital camera and I have adapted it using GIMP, and have simply made the colour dark sepia to give it that memory kind of feel.

I used the same photo that I used for High-Tech in task 1 that was taken on a digital camera. Using GIMP again to make the modifications, I blackened out the background keeping only the 2 light spheres and changing the spheres to a purple filter in order to make it seem abstract and make the sphere look nothing like what they are meant to represent.





Again this is the same photos I used for the news section. Taken on a digital camera, I used GIMP to amend this photo again. Firstly I cropped the photo to focus on the harbour bridge. I then darkened the photo to focus on the lightening flashing. I thought this was a way of making the mood of the photo dark and mysterious.



Yet again I used the same photo for summer as in task 1, this photo was taken on a digital camera and I modified it using Photoshop. For this photo I simply used the liquid tool and added it to the bridge, boat and parts of the water to give the impression of a really hot day. I think it's just another aspect of our summers that sort of heat coming off the horizon type image.








I decided to use this photos for the games aspect, it to was taken on a digital camera and modified by GIMP. This photo is one of my mates playing golf which of course is a type of game. When making changes this photo I cropped it a little bit to better show the figure. Then I outlined the figure and darkened the colours just in the figure leaving the rest of the photo normal colours. So despite the fact it all belongs in the same photo it looks like the figure has been added to this background.



This photo was taken on a digital camera and modified on GIMP. This may seem like an unusual choice for successful. This photo was taken from the top of a mountain my friends and I have hiked to the top of. So in my opinion this was a success at it was a really tough hike and we made it in really good time. When making my adjustments I darkened the background in order to bring focus to the rock in the foreground in order to show where we had made it to.



For the celebrity photo, I found this photo of Rai Thistlewaithe the lead singer of Thirsty Merc. This photo was taken on a digital camera and updated using GIMP. Due to the lighting and the way the photo was taken it already had the red and black effect. So I tried to play around with it and make the red and black differences more intense. To make it look a bit retro and grundgy.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice pictures, I am not sure you find my weblog or not, any way it is the address if you wanna check, good luck.
ali121.wordpress.com